Red Door Business Support Terms and Conditions
- An individual or business requesting work from Red Door Business Support will be referred to as ‘the client’.
- These Terms and Conditions form the contract between Red Door Business Support and the client.
Booking the task
- Red Door Business Support will consult with you for up to an hour before the first booking without charge. Consultations can be carried out by email or telephone or in person if required.
- When a task has been discussed the details will be sent by e-mail or post to the client for confirmation.
- The client will indicate acceptance by reply and these Terms and Conditions will form the contract.
- Timescales and deadlines will be agreed prior to commencement of the task.
- The client will ensure that Red Door Business Support is provided with all paperwork and information necessary to complete the task prior to the commencement of the task.
- Work can be received by email attachment, post, USB drive or CD Rom.
- All documentation will be scanned using anti-virus software but no guarantees can be issued.
- For reasons of safety and insurance, personal visits to our premises are not permitted. Any and all necessary meetings will be held at an alternative location.
- It is the client’s responsibility to install anti-virus protection on their own equipment.
- Final proof reading remains the responsibility of the client, however in the unlikely event of any mistakes being found they will be rectified free of charge if returned within 48 hours. After this time it shall be deemed that the work has been accepted as free of errors and omissions.
- Errors or omissions reported after 48 hours will still be corrected but the additional time spent will be charged to the client.
- The time taken to complete a task will be monitored and recorded. Only time used directly on the task will be recorded; any interruptions or breaks will not be included in the completion time.
- Time used will be deducted from the total credit on the ‘pay as you go’ scheme.
- If the credit on the ‘pay as you go’ scheme is running out the client will be warned and the work will either cease at the end of that time or the client can purchase additional time.
- Work will be presented using Microsoft Office applications.18. Contracts can be terminated with 30 days written notice by either party. We reserve the right to charge for any work carried out prior to cancellation.
- Although every effort will be made to ensure reliable service, in the unlikely event of equipment failure, Red Door Business Support cannot be held liable for any loss of information.
- All fees are paid in advance prior to commencement of work.
- Monthly retainer packages must be paid for in advance. Unused hours cannot be carried over.
- All additional costs for mileage, stationery or postage etc., will be charged monthly in arrears.
- Payments must be made in UK pounds sterling by cash, cheque, BACS transfer or via PayPal. If the client’s original requirements change, we reserve the right to change our original quotation following suitable consultation with the client.
- Payment is due on receipt of invoice. Overdue invoices may result in interest charges (at a rate of 8%) for the total outstanding per month.
- Any and all costs incurred for chasing and/or recovering the outstanding payment will be added to your account.
- The client will be liable to refund any unpaid cheque charges.
- Time used will be deducted from the total amount of credit on the ‘pay as you go’ scheme.
- Red Door Business Support is not currently VAT registered.
- All charges will be reviewed on 1 January of each year and clients will be notified of any new charges in writing.
- Red Door Business Support will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, theft etc. of data, documents, equipment or any items relating to tasks during transit to and from our premises.
- Final responsibility for proof reading and checking all completed work lies with the client. Red Door Business Support will not be held liable or responsible for the end use of any work completed by us.
- In no event shall Red Door Business Support be liable for any indirect punitive, special or incidental damage (including loss of business, revenue, profits, use, data or other economic advantage) however it arises.
- Clients have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment used and will not make a claim against Red Door Business Support for lost data, re-run time, inaccurate instruction, work delays or lost profits resulting from a contract.
- Red Door Business Support does not accept liability or responsibility for the end use of any documents or materials produced or edited by us on behalf of the client.
- Red Door Business Support retains the right to reject work that we feel is illegal, immoral or objectionable.
- All work undertaken is treated IN CONFIDENCE. If required a Confidentiality Agreement can be signed.
- No details regarding clients or information relating to work carried out will be disclosed or passed to a third party without prior consent unless we are legally obliged to do so.
- All work will be kept on file for a period of 12 months. After this time, work will be deleted unless specifically instructed.